Introduced in GitLab 15.0.
You can set a limit so that users and processes can’t request more than a certain number of pipelines each minute. This limit can help save resources and improve stability.
For example, if you set a limit of
11 requests are sent to the trigger API within one minute,
the eleventh request is blocked. Access to the endpoint is allowed again after one minute.
This limit is:
- Applied independently per project, user, and commit.
- Not applied per IP address.
- Disabled by default.
Requests that exceed the limit are logged in the
To limit the number of pipeline requests:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Admin.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Network.
- Expand Pipelines Rate Limits.
- Under Max requests per minute, enter a value greater than
- Select Save changes.
ci_enforce_throttle_pipelines_creationfeature flag to enable the rate limit.